Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Another Doctor

I'm off to another Doctor, this one in Salina, tomorrow.

I'm happy about the progress, because I should be able to get the treatment started in the next two weeks.

What I'm not happy about is the clinic's insistence on payment. It's the first document the clinic forces you to fill out and the last document you're asked to sign. You have to sign off saying that you realize that if your insurance company doesn't pay you have to pay up front.

This insistence upon getting as much money out of the suckers as possible was the thing that was so off putting at the MRI clinic. I intend to pay my portion of the bills. But what will the clinic do if I can't pay the bill and if the insurance company refused to pay the bill?

This insistent demand for money makes me even more convinced that what we need is single payer!

No comments: