Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Torture?

I just watched both Keith Olberman and Rachel Maddow's programs. Both programs featured a report that a Bush Administration official announced that we cannot prosecute the so called "20th hijacker" because we tortured him.

The left is sure that we ought to investigate and prosecute Bush Cheney Rumsfeld for War Crimes. If we don't, one argument goes, the world court will.

I'm not happy with the ways the current resident has shredded the constitution, and I believe that there are potential war crimes to be investigated. But I don't know that it would be good for the country for this administration to investigate and prosecute the past administration. Where would this end?

I just don't know what I would do if I were the incoming Attorney General. Fortunately, I don't have to make that decision.

No comments: