Saturday, March 19, 2011

Do You Need to Pack?

I should be going to bed, but instead I'm reading blogs. One I really like, but don't have in my blog roll is "slacktivist." That blog referenced a CNBC report on who's profiting from fear these days.

No surprise, it's the usual crowd of fundagelicals, including that most foul and noxious of all the fundagelical preachers, John Hagee. Here's Hagee not so long ago, according to the CNBC piece:

Hagee is a popular televangelist and senior pastor of the 19,000 member Cornerstone Church. His website offers a DVD called “Financial Armageddon” for $12 and is signing up registrations for a prophesy seminar in Sacramento in April for $10.
Here’s a highlight from his most recent online newsletter, in which he analyses the uprising in Egypt. “Get ready! Planet earth is about to become the playground for the Anti-Christ and his New World Order. The church will be raptured before the Anti-Christ appears; and I believe he could be introduced in Europe at any time. Pray up! Pack up! ”
I'm confused. Do you really need to pack for the rapture? I thought you just got taken out of where ever you were and transported into cloud coo-coo land with all your belongings but none of your longings.

If you want to read the whole article, it's here: http://www.cnbc.com/id/42077843

No comments: