Monday, December 15, 2008

What Will We Have to Do With Our Shoes

After the incident in Baghdad yesterday I wonder what journalist might have to do with their shoes before Presidential Press Conferences.

I mean, it only took one demented British malcontent to make every traveller take off their shoes at the airport.

Do you suppose that part of the strategy of government has been to create as many silly humiliations as possible so that we wouldn't notice the big humiliation of our jobs being sent overseas?

I certainly hope things change quickly on all fronts after the 20th of January, but I'm not holding my breath. I think the new President will have difficulty undoing some of the nonsense that the last eight years have foisted upon us.

1 comment:

Juliana said...

I am hopeful and hope I am not disappointed. Things surely cannot be as bad as the last 8 yrs. Surely not.